Welcome to the Heath Chapel
June 1990 was chosen to celebrate the 900th anniverasy of the settlement of Heath. Of course the precise date has been long lost in the dust of time, but we do know that about fifty years later a little stone chapel was built here to serve the growing community. Today, as it was 850 years ago, remember that it is not just an ancient monument but the chapel in which the Christian Community worships and prays today as it has down the ages.
As that community cared for it in the past so are we trying to continue that care so that the chapel will be here for future generations for worship, inspiration, and enjoyment.
CLICK HERE for the report detailing work required at Heath Chapel.
Our fundraising to replace the chapel roof continues. There are a number of fundraising projects taking place and coming up.
- 2013 Heath Chapel Calendars have SOLD OUT. Thank you to everyone that has purchased one.
- ‘Name that Church.’ Quiz took place in the chapel. Entrants were invited to pop along to the chapel anytime and take a look at the photographs of churches in our surrounding area and see if you can name them all! The winning prize was £10!
- Postcards were also on sale in the chapel; there are 7 wonderful pictures to choose from. These are £1 each or all 7 for £5.
- The November Tally Ho Inn pub quiz was a great success, thanks to everyone who turned up!
- The Heath Chapel Supper (a two course meal with wine) was kindly hosted by Roger and Lyn at their home on Saturday 8th December.
- Sally from Dance for Life organized a performance by In Voice, supported by young musicians and dancers at Ludlow Assembly Rooms on December 1st. All the money raised was be split between Heath Chapel Roof Fund and Cancer Research UK.
- Heath Chapel hosted an evening of Carols with Corndon Singers on Wednesday 19th December at 7.30pm in the chapel. This was be followed by mulled wine and mince pies for everyone.
- Corvedale Choir very kindly agreed to hold an ‘Evening with the Choir’ at Clee St. Margaret Village Hall in February!
As you can see there are plenty of different fundraising projects taking place, we hope you will support Heath Chapel in any way you can. We really want to continue this fundraising momentum, so please if you can do anything to help or have any ideas just get in contact with anyone from the Heath community.